Mon, Jul 11|
Location is TBD
Career Development in Long Term Care Summer Youth Internship
This internship is an excellent opportunity for you to: learn more about careers in health care, help your community, and get paid.
Time & Location
Jul 11, 2022, 9:00 AM – Aug 25, 2022, 5:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the event
Have you been inspired by front line workers who are caring for our most vulnerable?
Are you interested in a career in medicine, nursing, administration or other health care profession?
If so, this internship is an excellent opportunity for you to: learn more about careers in health care, help your community, and get paid.
The program runs July 11th through August 25th 2022.
What the intern could expect over the six-week summer program:
- Work/study at a local long term care facility
- 4 days a week of rotations through the facility’s departments, e.g. nursing, social work, rehabilitation, maintenance, administration, dietician
- One day a week for webinars, group projects and professional conversations
- $300.00 weekly stipend plus transportation allowance.
- NO WORK EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- Complete the one-page application form
- Write an essay describing the impact you could make in a chosen health care profession
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a faculty member at your high school.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 2, 2022
For further information contact:
Verna FitzPatrick: firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Edwards: email@example.com
Sponsored by the BLTCE: Inspiring and supporting Black and Brown high school juniors interested in long term care career choices.
Relatives of BLTCE members are ineligible for this program.